I started
my journey with Advocare over a year ago, but have just recently become heavily
involved with their products. As some of you may know, I have struggled with my
weight for a majority of my life. These products have helped me get a grip with
what I need to focus on the most when it comes to my lifestyle, and I am so
grateful!
After going to a conference back
in March, I decided to become a distributor for them, to help spread the
message and healthy lifestyle that is Advocare. I decided to jump in head
first, and try their 24 day challenge. For the next 24 days, I will be updating
this blog to keep you in tune with how I’m doing, what I’m eating, and how I am
losing weight!
I went grocery shopping yesterday
to ensure I had all the necessary food I needed for this week. I did not want
to be running around trying to find the foods I need to fit my meals every day.
I made sure I had a lot of fresh fruits and veggies to snack on, as well as an
equal amount of protein and complex carbs to ensure I am meeting my meal
requirements!
So, day 1 …
I woke up this morning and started
off with my Spark. For those of you who don’t know what that is, this is what I
call Advocare’s equivalent to coffee, but without the calories or jitters. I
started with a citrus packet, giving me the kick start I needed this morning. A
half hour later, I managed to cook up some egg whites with diced peppers
(bought the peppers pre diced at Market Basket! So convenient). Along with my
breakfast I had some strawberries and some cantaloupe. This was combined with a
fiber drink packet that comes in the 24 day package. I had a citrus flavored
fiber drink, which surprised me as tasty. I will be honest and tell you that I
was nervous trying this fiber mix, because I’m not usually one to drink fiber
anything. Needless to say, it was really easy to swallow.
Once breakfast was over, I went
about my day as I normally would. About 3 hours after I had breakfast, I sliced
up an apple and threw some almond butter on it. I paired this with a glass of
water, as drinking water is VERY important.
I am currently in the middle of my
second round of a fitness program known as LiveFit. This program has helped me
lose weight in the past, and I figured I would couple that with the challenge,
to keep on my path of healthy living. I went to the gym today to start Phase 3!
Today was legs day, and it was a rough one at that! You know you’ve had a good
workout when you’re shaking before the workout is even over. I made sure to
have my second Spark of the day, to help keep me focused and alert at the gym.
When I got home from the gym, it
was time for lunch. I didn’t cook yesterday like I wanted to, so I settled for
a meal replacement shake while I cooked up all my meat for the week. The meal
replacement shakes, while they recommend them for the Breakfast meal slot,
contain 22 vitamins and nutrients, and are very tasty! These are obviously not
recommended for every meal, but are available if you need them, should you run
short on time.
After my chicken was cooked for
the week, I tossed it in the fridge. I will take out what I need every day,
spice it up, cook whatever vegetable and complex carb I need, and manage it
that way.
After a few more hours, I ate
dinner with my family. While this might not always be the case, I figured I
could make dinner work within the parameters I was given. Sure, I had pork, but
I didn’t eat a whole lot of it. There was broccoli and pasta as well, but
again, within reason. The pasta, for those who are interested, is known as
Dreamfield pasta. This pasta has 7g of protein in the box, 5g of fiber, and its
gluten free. Best pasta ever! Again, pairing this with a glass of water. Also
with dinner I took 2 of the OmegaPlex capsules to help with amino acid
breakdown.
I am always a fan of sweets, I
always have been. I could not stop craving a cupcake today! So, for my final
snack today, I had a banana. This helped cut the sweets craving out and made me
feel a bit more energized.
Overall, I started today with a
positive attitude, and it’s managed to stay there! My starting weight today was
160.4 lbs, with a 90” around waist. Let’s see how far I can go! J
No comments:
Post a Comment